Let it be released from the mind

Thursday, December 08, 2005

And so it begins

It's the Christmas season. Oh, joy. It actually makes me really sad that so many people truly hate this time of year. In the last few years I've noticed a personal increase in disdain for it as well. So I'm concentrating on truly bringing it back to a simpler more traditional style. I want to live in that "1 or 2 presents" world, where you just value all of the other things that happen at Christmastime rather than the shopping frenzies that occur at every mall from here to Idaho. (Birds of prey anyone?) Am I just getting old and angry?

Speaking of which, why are old people so angry all the time? And why do they instantly think that everyone who is younger than 40 is evil? As if my weekly visit to Starbucks isn't bad enough with its high prices and packaged music, I let an old man in line ahead of me. Of course he thought he was supposed to be there in the first place, so it was more about avoiding an argument than my sheer good nature. Then the twit behind me complains that it's taking too long already. And to that I say Good tidings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home