Let it be released from the mind

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Seriously? Really?

30-3? Really? Kinda unbelievable, O's. And against the Rangers? Yowza. You beat the red Sox and the Yankees and you get obliterated by the Rangers. And to think just yesterday I was searching for a game to go to to take advantage of the all-you-can-eat specials sans beer.

I was done cooking my veggie stir-fry just in time last night to watch the latest episode of Big Love. I am totally into that show, and look forward to reading a book that several have recommended. Then I had to make another recipe for a coworker's going away party. I of course organized and coordinated the food. We're getting the main courses from Lebanese Taverna and then coworkers are supplementing with drinks and sides/desserts. Continuing my cooking club path of working on desserts and baked goods, I offered to make this Bon Appetit recipe that I had saved a long time ago from my magazine. Regretfully, since i cut them in 1/4 pieces since it's for a large party, they now look like the doogie treat we buy Laika--snausages. I will clearly have to mark them as "no meat" for all of my vegetarian friends. But they tasted superb slightly warm and gooey last night, and Laika enjoyed finding a small surprise of phyllo roll when she made it up to the bed!

After jamming to Drop Kick Murphy's, an excellent birthday present, I finished just in time once again with the phyllo rolls (let me point out that this was my first time working with phyllo) to watch the first two quarters of the USA/Venezuela game and our boy Greivus. Since D told me there were rumors mucking up the system that GV might had to greener pastures next year I was nearly happy to see him get toyed with by Kobe, Carmelo and LeBron. Stay put Greivus--we need you here at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home