Let it be released from the mind

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bobrick

Ever notice as you're hanging out in public restrooms that the hardware (i.e. cumbersome toilet paper dispenser, aggressive hand dryer/baby butt warmer) says Bobrick on it. No I'm not an idiot. I understand that's the name of the company. However, when you read it how do you say it in your head? Is it Bo-brick, or Bob-rick. See, I say it as Bo-brick. And everytime I'm looking for something to do in there while I'm doing something else I read Bo-brick which is exactly what they want me to. And then it dawned on me--Bobrick is most likely Bob & Rick's name melded together. It's 2 dip chewing, camouflage-wearing guys who have now made a fortune off of toilet paper dispensers and awkward and ineffective hand dryers. And they're getting a good laugh everytime they sit in their bathroom at home (that's actually made to look like a public restroom just so they could sell more of their product) and look at their platinum-plated toilet paper dispenser and thinking that some poor schmuck out there (Kristin Bramell) is thinking they're some big company called Bo-brick when they're really just good 'ole Bob & Rick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home