Let it be released from the mind

Friday, February 03, 2006

V, the Dickie

I prefer writing it this way to further accentuate my anger towards the man the NCAA world knows as Dickie V. Everyone knows he's annoying, that he must have some sort of payout for compliments to Mike Krzyzyzyzyzyzwski every week, and that he looks like a chicken. That's old news.

What I did begin to wonder several nights ago, is if Duke fans hate his annoying voice and overusage of the word 'trifecta' and 'baby' as much as the rest of the world? Do you think that Duke fans hate that he is the announcer for every damn Duke game there is, and they have to listen to that s--t at least 2 times a week from November to March?

I forgot to mention that when Duke recently played Maryland (although it was a show of a game and I hate to mention it) prior to the game Dickie was actually giving Maryland compliments left and right. Too bad his mike wasn't working the whole time. Convenient, eh? Coach Krzyzyzyzyzyzywski must have paid the lowly microphone guys too.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mike Patrick has gotten to the point where he's almost more of a duke lover than Vitale. It's sickening. Also, your credit card story is frightening. BAM!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I know what you mean--I'm not looking forward to the Duke game this week. I like Gary's comment after VA game: "They're just another group of people" or something to that effect. I'm also not looking forward to all the affidavits I have to sign :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home