Let it be released from the mind

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Back to loving life

The events are over! Wahoo--wahoo! I'm feeling better, and a bit more back to normal. So what do I do?

That's right-- cook! I've missed you stove, I've missed you spatula. I've missed you searing sound, I've missed you caramelization.

On Sunday, hubby unwillingly helped me make fresh pasta with the finest of flours-'00'-bought from the Italian market. This butternut squash has been staring me down on the countertop for a week and a half now, and it thought it had won. Oh, how it was mistaken. And Daniel got out EXCALIBUR and sliced through a few more hard squashes as well as my cutting board. Aw Snikeys! (disclaimer: we were not partaking in the bottles seen in the picture that evening and that is not his blood but rather chipotle chiles)


So the dough was kneaded and pressed and made into various shapes of sheets. Trust me--they're never the same size when I'm working. I made the pasta, hubby made the butternut/sage/shallot filling, and we dressed them in brown butter and sage. Buon Appetito!

Continuing with the orange weekend, we creamed Clemson--and I creamed pumpkin for some savory ice cream. Yes, it was a very sweet victory. I look forward to trying the next new flavor of cardamom. Of course hubby, polar opposite from me, is just interested in a vanilla bean. Gotta love his joy for simplicity.

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mmm.. it all sounds so tasty and fun. Kudos!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger natalie said...

I made pumpkin ice cream, too! Delicious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home