Let it be released from the mind

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Forte

It finally hapenned. I jumped right back into my musical life and joined the Community Band last night. It's every Tuesday from 7:30-9:30 and thankfully lead by my previous conductor for many years. But he's definitely a different conductor than when he was with an uber-serious performance ensemble. There's actual jokes and laughter and jovialness. Who doesn't love jovialness. Regardless of who's conducting it, the people seem genuinely nice and accommodating and I look forward to rehearsals. Except for one thing.

Perhaps music and playing an instrument isn't everyone's forte in the band. But one thing that is-- is playing forte. Let me 'splain. Man, it must be in their code of ethics to play only at one loud level at all times. I'm hoping that since they've been on a 6-week hiatus it's just a reacclimation process. Eventually we'll get to a normal decibel and actually make music. Until then, hold on to your hearing aids. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger natalie said...

How was part two of community band last night?

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

not too bad. I'm enjoying playing second part. It's different. My biggest issue right now is making sure I'm in tune. Hard to reacquaint the ear, you know what I mean Vern?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home