Let it be released from the mind

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Who wouldn't want to come to Anacostia?

Join me tomorrow at the Anacostia Farmer's Market, as I fight for the title of Southeast DC chili champion, or something along those lines. Come on down!!

"It's Gettin' Hot In Here" was concocted in three batches on Sunday night, allowed to fester overnight, and sampled yesterday by hubby and I. Batch #2 was determined the victor, with some slight modifications. As I put it, "#2 will not be a winning chili. I want a winning chili." So me and my Veruca mentality set forth to adapt the recipe so it was golden, er, red. I will spend tonight turning my house into a flaming ball of chili once again.

Apparently there's a crowd favorite award, and then separate judges awards. I'll let you know how it goes in my post on Thursday. I'm not overly confident, but just right. Kinda like my chili--just right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home