Let it be released from the mind

Monday, August 14, 2006

Yummy food and good company

The weekend started out with a bang of curry spices and liquor. To start the evening off right, we met in Silver Spring for mojitos and banter. I was then shuttled off to Indique in Cleveland Park where I branched out from my normal fare choices and had the Chicken Chettinad and the mussels. Although the chicken was black in color (the sauce, not the chicken) it tasted good on my tongue and in my belly, and I was happy. It was surprisingly spicy which = 'right up my alley'. Although the group dwindled as we headed off to Habana Village, the narrow and crowded salsa club in Adams Morgan, we had a wonderful time dancing the night away. 2 Ricardos were there, one quite enamored with Kelly (not a shocked--she is all that), one who spun like the Tasmanian Devil. The only thing I could think of was "Dodge, Dive, Duck, Dip and...Dodge". He would just disappear and the next thing you knew he was on the other side of you. To a slightly inebriated person, this wasn't a very nice trick. I'm pretty sure I poked him in the head somewhere. We were moving fast. My hubby was spectacular and very supportive. He also told me I need to get better at following--this, I know.

Why is there salt and pepper in my purse? You kidders, you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home