Let it be released from the mind

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Do your ears hang low...

It's amazing how music influences your body sometimes. Just the sound of a tapping drum can evoke passion and excitement. What I'm about to tell was a very different case.
I was running last night, and I saw the ugly mug of the ice cream truck approaching. I could hear that clanging dying ice cream truck song from several blocks away. This new way of adding backbeats to the song is fairly annoying and a bit too hip hop for ice cream. But, back to the point. As it passed me, it immediately went from a song that one would consider joyous and reminiscent of happier times to the saddest most pathetic sounding song ever. Suddenly it was in super slo-mo, and in a minor key and getting worse. I instantly felt like I had lead in my feet, and my run was screeched to a stop. How sad is it that your happy "fly a kite go round the carousel" song passes you and the humid skank air changes it to a clown's death march within seconds. I don't like how sound changes depending on what side of it you are. Why does sound have to be so territorial. It's always talking about "my side of town vs. yours". It's just wrong of sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home