Let it be released from the mind

Friday, August 11, 2006

1:32

Yesterday was not quite the greatest of days. It started off wonderfully, as Daniel woke me before work to let me know that the computer was running as fast as can be. It seemed like the good 'ole days, when life was all about trapsing through the tulips. He had started the Spyware scan and we were starting our journey back to a healthy and happy computer.

By the time I arrived home, it was acting cooky again. A very technical term, meaning extremely slow and sluggish. Then a blue error screen came up warning us that we were screwed and this computer wasn't going to do JACK for us anymor. At this point, we had no other choices--bite the bullet, call Dell and instantly lose $100.

So I sign up for their one-time warranty program after the lady insists that it is a software problem and not a hardware problem. She says "You have a warranty for the hardware through December" but nothing for the software. Great. Well, after :30 of just getting things set up with her and them taking my money, she transfers me to the software guy. I liked him--he seemed nice despite my frustrated tone. Well, after going back and forth with him for another :30 or so, he says "It's a hardware problem. I'll transfer you to them".

Needless to say, the entire hard drive is gone. The computer is gone. A technician will be coming out to replace the entire hard drive in 1 or 2 days. So, after about 2 hours of being on the phone, I ask to be transferred back to Customer Service to get a refund for the warranty purchase. I go through their automated system for about 10 minutes and they inform me "Your call has been disconnected. Please try calling again." Always something to look forward to.

So, happy birthday to me today, as the most upsetting things I've lost include pictures of our amazing Honeymoon in Hawai'i, loads of candid shots of my beloved Laika, and who knows what else I've forgotten about that I will realize at some other time and begin to cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home