Let it be released from the mind

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Laika's first TV appearance--part 1

So it's 6:54 and I've already been at work for :53 minutes. Why would I get up so gosh darn early? So my dog can be on TV. Trust me, it's not about me, it's about my beautiful dog Laika. She was a dream in the first "teaser" they ran at 6:42. With 3 other dogs sitting right near her, she was in such a panic state that she didn't even move. Even with a larger dog snarling around the corner, she sat there stoic. I love her so much!

Part 2--
Almost to 8:00 and I get a quick call from the news anchor--can you bring your dog out here? "Sure," I say, eager to get Laika more camera time. We stand out there for a few minutes with her leash on, and she seems somewhat bored. Then the camera light flicks on and he approaches us on HIS KNEES with a giant camera on his back. No shocker that Laika growled then for about 10 seconds. So I knelt on the ground and talked lovingly to her. She licked my face and then calmed down just fine. She sat for about 30 seconds while he did a voice over. We were supposed to do an interview session with my boss, and my coworker and her dog Casey. However the satellite wasn't linking up properly and we never got to finish our stint with TV. Thank goodness that my office was toward the front and I got her on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home