Let it be released from the mind

Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock 'n roll

Well, I had a country-mified weekend. Under the regrettable circumstances of a funeral, I had to be at the in-laws most of the weekend. So I opened up the country box, and got out my attire. I ate fried chicken and stewed kale. I worked in the yard pulling weeds for 2 hours, without tools or gloves and barefoot. I actually canned something--I took food from the land and preserved it into chunky tomato and basil sauce. I tried to make fresh peach ice cream into the wee hours of the night. I tasted it at about 7:45 this morning though, and the texture is completely wrong. I guess that I should've let it churn for way longer. I wonder if I let it thaw, and then try the whole thing again if it would work or just screw it up more. I really wanted peach ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home