Let it be released from the mind

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

..."and I ran, I ran so far away...."

I ran both night and day. Well, not exactly. My overweight and lumpy body began the training on Sunday for my first ever race. Perhaps you could call it a race. I'll call it an organized run with a few thousand people in an unlikely place. Now, I never several in-shape look at this blog, so understand that this is not easy to admit. I have this love/hate relationship with running. I do it because walking isn't good enough, and because I eat meals that are too large. I tried it for one shameful year in high school during the winter season and joined the sprinting team (no doubt the easiest workouts.) Stair climb after stair climb, short sprint after short sprint, I was probably the thinnest I've ever been, sweating it out in the halls of high school. I spent a lot of time even at a younger age running from boys, always smiling deep down that I waas being chased so fervently.

Now I run for the next two weeks solidly to try to make sure I can sustain through a 5K. Yep, you heard me right. 3.11 miles to be exact. Pitiful I know. But still an attainable goal for said Wii player and cooking enthusiast. Those two characteristics don't necessarily make Calista Flockhart.

I'll keep you updated on the progress. So far, Sunday had a 2.6 mile run with relative ease, making instantly overconfident. Monday held a drastic decline in momentum, and although I made it 3 miles, I had to stop twice for about a minute or so each time.

...then I played Super Smash Brothers and ate Grilled Jerk chicken and a caesar salad.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck. just think about the Old Town Ben & Jerry's at the end of the tunnel.

F

 

Post a Comment

<< Home