Let it be released from the mind

Friday, April 18, 2008

Running update day 5

Laika gave up on me early on Wednesday, and ended up hurting her leg a little bit. So we only made it 2 miles before returning home. I was happy to stop at 2, though, which continues to show my resistance past my comfort zone.

Yesterday, D & I played what we like to call tennis, but what truly consists of just hitting the ball back and forth with no apparent rules. Occasionally in anger we will aim the ball far across the opposite side of the court to watch the other sprint. It was a good time, and I think I might be better than I was last year. There's a reason I never played softball as a girl :)

Today I'm game to run 3 miles before going to stuff myself at Meg & Pall's Thai New year celebration. I'm not sure what games this will entail, but I'm anxious to learn more about this holiday and also remember what a thai rooster sounds like. One fine evening we had a hilariously long conversation about roosters of the world.

Check out my new Mexico posts below!! Two more posts still to come

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

It has rained for 3 straight days. I am out of shape still, shocking, and will finally go running on Wednesday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home