Let it be released from the mind

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

veggies galore, hopefully

So the spring growing season has begun. This weekend and yesterday Daniel and I worked on cultivating our soil, beautifying our backyard, and making room for more veggies and herbs for my culinary experiments. We bought tomatoes (yellow, red, and grape), green and red bell peppers, habaneros, jalapenos, and zucchini. New herbs to the garden include cilantro, dill, mint and lavender. I will work on the basil and chives in small pots for now since basil seems to die every damn year in my backyard.

I have fears that the big bad peppers will grow too high and take the sun away from the tomatoes. We'll have to see how it goes in the next few weeks. Hopefully we didn't plant too early.

I also stripped the paint off this ragged old bench that used to be at my grandmother's house. It was one of this acquisitions where no one wanted it, and I didn't want to throw it out, so now it's in my backyard. It was looking quite crucial, but hopefully after I spraypaint it I will enjoy sitting in it and acting like an old person.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home