Let it be released from the mind

Saturday, January 05, 2008

One stale cookie too late

So, although they were a bit slow on the draw with this, my in-laws informed me that by putting a piece of bread in the bag with baked cookies, you could make them stay soft! We had made a plethora of sugar cookies that for some reason, after cooling, were just plain hard. They weren't soft and doughey. They were like hockey pucks. The point of this story is not that I choose to only bake on special occasions, and even then I should perhaps refrain. What an excellent idea--it worked! I put the two end pieces of our loaf of honey flax bread into the bag, and woke up to a lovely soft sugar cookie. Ah well, we only baked them about 4 weeks ago, so they're a bit stale, but soft like James' bottom. (this is to see if he's reading my blog :) I've never actually felt James' bottom, but I do enjoy writing bottom like I was English. I also wish that I could incorporate wanker into my everyday speak as well as bullocks. God, I love English comedy.

3 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bottom is hard as a rock...oh yeah, and my blog was spammed by that barb michelen character as well.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

what's her problem? She's the one that needs a diet. She's so fat she was named after a tire.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

zing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home