Let it be released from the mind

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

instantaneous happiness

As I sit listening to my Ray Lamontagne Pandora station, a weird one popped on and I was instantaneously happy. Amongst the sometimes drone of sad Indie music, which has its place in my heart, the Beatles "I Will" popped on from the White album.

The White album is by far my favorite album of all time. It was the first Beatles music I was ever formally introduced to, besides the boppy poppy early stuff they worked on like "I want to hold your hand" or "Roll over Beethoven". The White album was comical genius, and I was loopy in love with it.

My favorites have to be "Blackbird"--and no, this was well before I started to actually like the grandparent sport of birding--and "Rocky Raccoon" for its twangy sensuality.

Here here to the eternal rockers. Ringo, you can kiss it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home