Let it be released from the mind

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

"Tonite is your night, bro"

sung by Danny Devito to Arnold Schwarzenegger in Twins. Well, let's hope that tonight is Barack's night.

As I stood in line for 2.5 hours today I thought to myself, " Why don't I just do an absentee ballot?" They don't ask you to prove why you're going to be absent. And it's a hell of a lot less time consuming. Standing around the energy that filled Charles Flowers high school today was the reason. It is an exciting day. You feel as though you are walking in to change history. At least I felt that way today. I was proud and hopeful. I was proud to see so many children around me who were experiencing their first ever presidential election and witnessing history. I was proud of the old people with walkers who stood in line, and the lady who brought in snacks and drinks for people to have while waiting.

I was on the other side of the globe when Bush was elected for his second term. While everyone at home was fighting back the sleeping dust from tiny demon fairies, my new husband and I were eating our dinner and watching the results. I am happy to be here and a part of this this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home