Let it be released from the mind

Monday, January 12, 2009

Home Economics 101





Yeah, that's right. I freaking made that! Anyone who made fun of me for learning how to sew can be quiet now :)
Yesterday I took my Beginning Sewing I class at G Street Fabrics. It took 5 hours, considering I don't know how to sew at all, but it is spectacular. Two initial mistakes I made included sewing one of the straps on turned, so I had to rip that out, and some bunching of the lining. In my defense the lining I chose was a jersey material--very stretchy and hard to sew with!
Can you believe it?!? I'm so freaking proud of myself!!!
The outside is brown corduroy; the lining is lime green with brown stripes. There is even a pocket on the outside!
Next Sunday from 11-5--pajama pants!!

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

and yes, that fire is real and pretty killer. congrats hubby.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice colors, kbram.

-F

 

Post a Comment

<< Home