Let it be released from the mind

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Kids, I don't know what's wrong with these kids today!

So my hubby and I visited the children's section of Borders this weekend (Sunday afternoon) to purchase a book for a friend's baby shower. That experience definitely set us back another 5 for having kids. We were practically running out of the store. Daniel got all bitter and scowly. I got tense and confrontational. It was ugly.

They were sprawled out all over the place, with sticky fingers that pick up books from one place and either put them back in another place or just on the floor. There was an annoying British woman reading a tongue-twister of a book to her 3-ish year old (I don't know-he could've been 6 but frankly I don't know this stuff) and the kid could've cared less but she just kept reading in her annoying accent. He'd ask a question or make a comment and she'd just pummel right over him. "Mummy's busy reading".

Running around, lots of noise, utter chaos......ahhhh! I'm working on finding a calm place.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

mmmm meat meat meat. meat meat meat.

after cake love, but it didn't help.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Send me the highest quality red eye...errr... rib eyes that you've got.

Perhdflksaj!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home