Let it be released from the mind

Monday, May 08, 2006

Full(filling) weekend

Friday was enjoyable as I got to spend the day outside on a donor trip. It was not enjoyable however to find another 3 ticks on my body when I got home. Season tick count: 6

Started it off with a Mexican bang, celebrating the Mexican victory over the French on Friday night. Any excuse to eat and drink in excess is fine by me. My mock Chipotle burrito bar turned out fairly well, although the low quality tortillas really bit my butt. To make a tremendous roll of a burrito and then have your tortilla break can truly ruin a girl's night. Mango margaritas were plentiful.

Saturday morning came faster than I had hoped for, and we found the afternoon shortly thereafter. We splurged and had tickets to the Baltimore opera to see La Boheme, so we had dinner in Baltimore before the show. The opera was excellent, although the 2 intermissions was rather excessive. We sat behind a group of nuns, which made me chuckle for some reason. What do you think will happen when all the old nuns depart our dear world? You notice how there are never young nuns (I think they like to be called young bucks). I wonder what the percentage decline of nunery members are since, say, the 1960's...

Sunday was Mom's birthday. As usual, she thought little about what she wanted to do. So we decided to have a picnic at the tidal basin. It proved to be a cool and nice evening, and I hope she enjoyed relaxing a bit. And now it's Monday, and raining. I'm tired.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home