Let it be released from the mind

Monday, June 05, 2006

Mimi's a superstar

So my grandmother was on TV this weekend. They did a special on channel 7 on in-home care and she was featured. They didn't show her talking at all (she has a pretty thick accent so after the stroke it's much harder to understand) but they showed her outside with her nurse, playing with the cat and smiling. It was really nice! Go Mimi!

My weekend was half work and half play. Our camping plans were foiled on Friday night since they were calling for thunderstorms and 1/2" of rain, so I had to drive out to Western MD by myself on Saturday morning for a donor field trip. Although it was a long drive by myself, I kinda enjoyed the quiet time and ability to get my thoughts in order. The drive was beautiful--the misty morning fog hung over the rolling mountains and farmland and the overcast nature of the morning made the green of the trees even more brilliant than usual. We had a fairly successful donor trip although I'd like to rant that if it's going to be a difficult hike (up and down steep and sometimes slippery slopes) and you know that we've invited some elderly people, it might be helpful to let me know that. Regretfully I had to make sure we didn't lose anyone from the back of the pack, and didn't get to do my real job.

Sunday we had the pleasure of having friends over to welcome Jenna and Patrick, a rare event as of late. They've been having such a difficult first month of parenting, and it was lovely to see them and wish them our congratulations. We had an Asian feast, which you would think would be fairly easy to put together quickly considering you chop everything in advance and then just throw it in. But making things half vegetarian and half not and respecting that, and making 4 or 5 different dishes proved to be harder than I thought. It all turned out fine though and we don't have too many leftovers, thank goodness. Here's a newer picture of Sheridan.

2 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I concur. Greets all around!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home