Let it be released from the mind

Friday, May 19, 2006

Nails, Nails, Nails (sung to "Girls, Girls, Girls")

So as I pulled up to the left turn lane at at 547 & Beach Drive the woman next to me at the light tapped her fingernails against her window. The movement caught me eye, and then I came to a realization that I've always thought inwardly but never ranted about. I hate fingernails. I hate nails that are too long, and by too long I mean past the tip of your finger. A little nail is fine to cover up the stubbiness of fingertips.

Even more than just hating long nails I despise long painted fingernails. I hate the thought of middle-aged women and teenagers going to bacteria-ridden nail parlors to have tips put on their nails. It's only a matter of time before those things start looking crucial. I don't like to see painted fingernails because it's such a stark contract to the skin. It's like --yo, you. look at my bright freaking fingernails--

In opposition to this whole rant, I don't mind painted toes much. I even like to see mine painted. I don't have to explain myself so don't ask me too. This is my blog and I'll hate on whomever I want.

3 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger natalie said...

This has nothing to do with fingernails, but Chris and I signed up for a CSA program!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

sorry about the rant--but rock on with your bad CSA self. We pick up our second share tomorrow and I'm uber psyched. I'm hoping strawberries will be plentiful and greens will be random!

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home