Let it be released from the mind

Thursday, May 11, 2006

angry fern

I have this fern that was my mom's that was so opulent that she handed it over to me because it couldn't fit anymore in the bird room. In the last year I completely killed it. It came to me dead in the center, meaning that the ends of the fronds had lovely green leaves, and the center was completely brown. I just thought that was the way it grew but I think it was really funneling it's anger from the inside out. It must be a girl fern...holding it all in until it explodes, and thus dies. So it did. It died. And I felt really crappy for destroying my mom's plant.

Then 2 months ago it started to grow green again on one side. So I turned the vent off in the spare bedroom it was in and it seems to have green on maybe 1/8 of the plant. It's in probably a 20 gallon bucket, so I have to figure out a way to replant this mofo without killing it again. I, unlike the plant, have the green inside, but obviously my thumb is just white white white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home