Let it be released from the mind

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

CSA! CSA! CSA!

Yesterday Daniel picked up our first week of CSA shares...Now let me sell you.

What better way to support local farmers and sustainable and organic living than participate in a CSA program? It's the freshest produce you can find, it doesn't have all the chemicals. You should try to leave a smaller ecological footprint on the world in any way you can. This seemed like an ideal way to me--I cut down on those oil-guzzling big trucks (and emissions) driving all over the country to bring produce to the grocery store, hopefully lessen my meat intake (requires most energy of all food groups to produce). Plus, it will encourage me to eat new kinds of vegetables I wouldn't normally buy.

Check it out--it's good to learn about new things!

4 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Awesome. I'm jealous.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

maybe they have one in your area...look at that link!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Chris said...

They do, and we've considered it. We were going to do the Dave Matthews one, but it filled up.

We wanted to split it with another couple, but haven't been able to motivate. Someday soon...

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home