Let it be released from the mind

Monday, May 22, 2006

Nassawango this!

Spent the weekend on the Eastern Shore with a group of donors for work. We drove out in the Chevy Cavalier rental car with no power locks--only the best. It is seriously hard to remember to lock and unlock every damn door all the time! At least it wasn't like the Celica where you had to hold up the handle too.

Our weekend included a very slow paddle on Nassawango Creek with ideal weather and plentiful birds and plants. Amy and I struggled to work as a team in the canoe, especially in the tight spots at the beginning of the paddle. Then we went with the donors on a short nature hike, and I once again struggled to dispense botany knowledge and dodge 3 ft. snakes.

We finished yesterday afternoon after a long morning of birding. Btw, I'm the bird-watching bomb. And that will be the last time you will ever hear me gloat about that. Species I saw, as if you cared:
prothonotary warbler
prairie warbler
black and white warbler
yellow-throated vireo
scarlet tanager and kentucky warbler(just for an instant though as it flew above us)
chickadees

More importantly, I did not get shat upon or get any ticks (that I currently know of).

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home