Let it be released from the mind

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Chai and take credit for this!

Oh man--on a crazy ice cream binge D and I lurked in the freezer section. We contemplated the billions of options for much longer than acceptable by most standards. As usual in a grocery store, I became distracted by some new products and D impatiently tapped his foot, hands on hips. (Not exactly, but I'm painting a picture here.)

I saw a line of gelato--straight from Italy they said. I wondered if this was really true, and contemplated buying it and eating the entire thing in order to verify, and then saw Stoneyfield Farms' frozen yogurt in the upper corner of the freezer cabinet. Boy did that Vanilla Chai look yummy. And expensive at nearly $2 more than any other container in the section. I thought, "If I were rich, I would buy this yogurt because they're good people and make good for you food". Then I saw a tiny little symbol that I new all too well. My God--they're marketing my product! Again, not exactly. I did sweat an awful lot on this project though in my short career at HTea. For several weeks straight I toiled in our product development office (the kitchen) concentrating our chai tea and then adding various sweeteners and forcing it through a small gold press. My fingers were blistered from the force of pressing this stuff. I was so dedicated to establishing my own line of yogurt products. I guess they moved on without me fairly easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home