Let it be released from the mind

Monday, January 28, 2008

Bow down to Baking Soda

I recently realized how awesome baking soda is. I was at BJ's (like Costco) and of course I needed baking soda, but not a giant 5lb. bag of it. It ended up not being very much more expensive than a few boxes at the regular grocery store, so i said what the hell. Perhaps it will be useful.

So I began cleaning with it that day. And wouldn't you know it non-abrasively cleaned the heck out of my stovetop. I would just dab my wet rag (of course using old torn clothing as rags and not wasteful paper towels) into a ramekin of baking soda and rub it into the surface. I was instantly able to scour out the grease and grime of the stovetop, and clean the burners better than I've done before with a lot of bad chemically-things. Comet and scouring pads have scratched the surface of my fairly new stovetop, but baking soda was stern but non-violent as it cleaned up the mess. It left no scratches.

Say goodbye to bad chemicals for cleaning. Say hello to baking soda!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home