Let it be released from the mind

Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's fo' real.


Free 8 week membership to Bally Total Fitness from Discovery Health Challenge. After registration, print out the pass and take it there on the January 13 and you get full unlimited access to the gym.

I signed up for this a few weeks ago, but was apprehensive about advertising it to friends until I was sure it actually worked. I went on Tuesday and there were no issues related to joining for 8-weeks. They tried to sell me on a plan for about 3 minutes, but it was really non-confrontational.

It is a surreal experience going to the gym. As I was working up a sweat on the elliptical machine, it was the strangest thing ever to see an ocean of bobbing heads all facing one direction, working to get nowhere. I tend to despise gyms--breeding ground for germs, too hot usually, nervousness that people are staring at you. But I'm willing to forego these issues to get myself into shape in the next 2 months. It was perfect timing too, since it is now icy and cold outside and I have no interest in making my lungs explode while running before or after work.

Now, if only I could find the perfect workout mix...I've been working on it for a while now, but the testing process can be long and arduous.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Interesting, we just joined a gym last week. The crazy parallels continue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home